A blog by Joe Caponi about beers and wines, particularly those from Long Island, along with a variety of other comments. This blog was primarily active from 2002-2006, when I was making it out to more wineries and brewpubs!


WanderingRock Home
Site Feed

My other links:
My ChannelWeb Blog
My LinkedIn Profile
My Facebook Page



 

Archives
<< current




 



 





 







 
wine blog, beer blog



Wandering Rock
 
 
Best of Long Island
Speaking of the Long Island Press, their year-end choices for Best of Long Island was a terrific feature.

Babylon village came away with a bunch of 'bests':
Babylon Bean - Best Desserts and Best Coffee House
Glen's Dinette - Best Breakfast
Sherries - Best Health Food
Kotobuki - Best Sushi
Tricia's Cafe - Best Neighborhood Restaurant
Bunger - Best Surf Shop
Babylon Bicycle - Best Bike Shop
Argyle Lake - Best Public Fishing
We also won two out of the three "Best Bars" - Argyle Grille and Post Office Cafe!

Also glad to see two of my favorite non-Babylon spots get in for Kitschy-est sites: The Big Duck, of course, and the lesser-know "Stargazer" sculpture in Manorville.

Monday, January 16, 2006 12:31 PM | Link

 
This page is powered by Blogger.