A blog by Joe Caponi about beers and wines, particularly those from Long Island, along with a variety of other comments. This blog was primarily active from 2002-2006, when I was making it out to more wineries and brewpubs!


WanderingRock Home
Site Feed

My other links:
My ChannelWeb Blog
My LinkedIn Profile
My Facebook Page



 

Archives
<< current




 



 





 







 
wine blog, beer blog



Wandering Rock
 
 
1986 Ruffino Riserva Ducale Chianti Classico
See, this is what happens when you have kids and leave your wine collection unattended for six or seven years.
This once-probably-quite-good wine is a long time past peak. Although the aroma stayed appealing, a taste last night was cringe-inducing. After letting it breath for a day, and getting it off its sediment, I find it a tart and mildly drinkable. Eliz will have nothing to do with it.
On the plus side, at twenty years, it's the oldest bottle (besides the Ports) in the basement. Maybe I'll have better luck with the '88s.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006 9:34 PM | Link

 
This page is powered by Blogger.