A blog by Joe Caponi about beers and wines, particularly those from Long Island, along with a variety of other comments. This blog was primarily active from 2002-2006, when I was making it out to more wineries and brewpubs!


WanderingRock Home
Site Feed

My other links:
My ChannelWeb Blog
My LinkedIn Profile
My Facebook Page



 

Archives
<< current




 



 





 







 
wine blog, beer blog



Wandering Rock
 
 
Beer Happenings

Happy Thanksgiving weekend! This always seems to be the time to begin getting caught up on my beer and wines, both tasting and posting (and visiting the boards at RealBeer.com). Let me mention a few fun places I've visited in the past months.

Went out twice to Blue Point in Patchogue this summer, to enjoy the Friday tastings. Blue Point has a friendly little tasting room, some more space out back for the kids to run around, and lots of good beer. While in the neighborhood, we walked up to the Brick House Brewpub for some more beers, dinner and to catch the summer Patchogue street festivals--fun!

Made it to the Black Forest Brew House two weekends for their Octoberfest--always a good time. I've gotta get there more often. The kids enjoy the music, and running around on the grass and patio, too.

In Greensboro, NC a couple weeks ago, visited the Liberty Steak House and Brewpub in High Point with my sister and brother-in-law. Nice big place, very good food and a good array of beer.

Finally, stopped in for a couple hours at Natty Green's in Greensboro--they always have the widest selection of good beer--it's tough to pick a favorite!

Friday, November 24, 2006 11:55 AM | Link

 
This page is powered by Blogger.