A blog by Joe Caponi about beers and wines, particularly those from Long Island, along with a variety of other comments. This blog was primarily active from 2002-2006, when I was making it out to more wineries and brewpubs!


WanderingRock Home
Site Feed

My other links:
My ChannelWeb Blog
My LinkedIn Profile
My Facebook Page



 

Archives
<< current




 



 





 







 
wine blog, beer blog



Wandering Rock
 
 
John Harvard's Spring '07

Visited John Harvard's in Lake Grove earlier this year for lunch after some late winter skating at Sports Plus next door. Slow service on the bar side of the restaurant, but the food and beer are worth it. This time enjoyed:


Long Island Light - crisp and beery
John Harvard's Pale Ale - a solid and flavorful standard
Antolini Rye Ale - very nice red ale - the rye bite was an unusual twist
Mad Tom Old Ale - cask-conditioned and creamy
Abbey Dubbel - light, with some roasted barley flavor
Cream Stout -- more roasted barley than I like, but a good stout nonetheless

Saturday, April 21, 2007 7:34 PM | Link

 
This page is powered by Blogger.